Sometimes people get too bogged down in the details, the process and the struggles. If you focus on the goal, the outcome and the positive benefits, even a project like cleaning the kitchen can have a positive twist!
So let’s talk about the benefits of having an organized home. I can think of many reasons that keep me striving, not for perfection, but organization:
- When life is chaotic and schedules are hectic, in one day you can get it all back to normal.
- Broken items get fixed and projects are completed in a timely matter.
- You can have friends pop by whenever they want!
- You can offer to host neighborhood get togethers for kids and parents so you are more social.
- You save money by not overbuying, paying bills on time and taking advantage of special offers/coupons.
- If something is lost, it’s in one of two places or it’s not in your house! You won’t waste time looking for it.
- There is a predictable flow to your day and your week.
- You can afford to shut down for a day and everything will be fine.
- You don’t stress. You plan and do.
- You look forward to coming home.
Have you realized any of these benefits in your home?